And he's at it again...

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Rayes, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

At last, a voice of reason and support. Good on you smash!

Sure hope those self - constructed pedestals EVP and Incognito are sitting on are comfortable, because they sure are spending a lot of time up there.

2. EVP

EVP Gold Member

So if you add to a thread you are on a pedestal?

And what is wrong with telling how lots of other people enjoy there horses?

Surely if Rayes or others can tell their horsey woes, others are entitled to highlight how others do it?

Or what, the only offers of forum discussion are to be blind back pats and sympathy?

What about discussing the easy job that horses can be......

Smash yep Rayes chose this horse and now she is trying to make the most of him.......

And yes Smash these words of wisdom answer far more than any post of yours I've read yet.......ahahahahahah

And being with issued horses is supposed to be "human abuse" now.....LOVE IT!

3. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Guess I will be joining the staying silent camp, as having an honest possibly seen as non warm and fuzzy and non supportive opinion is out of fashion around here of late.

Bindi, let's go to the pub, I will buy the first round.

4. Rayes

Rayes New Member

Just for the record, I do now what an 'easy' horse feels like, having ridden one for the past 20-odd years...but I will also be the first to put my hand up and say this is a completely-new learning curve for me and I AM TRYING MY BEST.

5. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Learning curve = "the rocky road taken to enlightenment"

How rocky? = as rocky as you make it for yourself.

Age = the ability to know that a curvey road and a straight road all lead to the same place, and the smarts to know when to jump the divider!

6. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Put a sock in it you lot.You know the rules yet you continue to get these threads locked with your smarmy comments.
    If you want to be smarmy then we do have a place we can direct you to.In the meantime either help the girl or shut up!
    Mod with very low tolerance today!

7. smash

smash Well-known Member

"sigh"
    how sad to see another thread of rayes railroaded AGAIN !!!!!!

8. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

Wow I think I have missed something...but then again, I am not on here much lately...too busy riding and working LOL

Instead of making so called informed statements, why dont all you "experienced" ppl put your efforts into suggesting what Rayes can do wiht her horse to HELP her. Whats happened to you all??:confused:

Rayes
    I sympathise with your situation....and it is great you worked through your problemson the day.

You said this is the first time you have taken him to a different venue.........If he were my horse I would be taking him everywhere and to everything...to get him used to being at different places.

I have a hot and reactive young horse...I take him everywhere.....I ride him confidently...send him FORWARD when he is norty.....or if he gives me lip I make him work harder...turn him in circles ,,send him forward..get him off my leg. Sometimes it IS a downright PAIN in the A#$...but other times my work is paid off, and he is wonderful and obedient...but I have to work for it and get respect from him. The more consistently we get this the easier it gets...be FAiR and consistent;)

ANyway hope this helps:)

9. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

......................remembers that the mods are cranky, best to stfu lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2010
  10. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Perhaps its best if the only people who visit "these types" of threads are people who nod all the time.

I'm still wondering how offering congratulations for 'doing it tough' is being "constructive".....

But then again the people who live for these threads don't want "constructive"?....nod nod. :))

The other side to the coin is that lots of instructors/trainers/vets/ect ect get alot of work from problem horses?

Nod :)*:))

11. Cornflower

Cornflower Well-known Member

Wow. Some of you sound like the type of person that will only ever support someone if they are doing what you want. And until they do, you make them feel like crap, and when things don't work out, you laugh in their faces saying 'i told you so'.

There is nothing wrong with not agreeing with something. But there is a fine line between being constructive and putting forth your opinions in an objective manner, and being just nasty.

Rayes, my current horse has been a real handful for years. Literally years. Yet i have perserveered with him, got help from friends and instructors, some good advice from lots of people (vets, massage people etc), and we are in a much better place than we were even last year. I love my boy, and i could not just give up on him without doing what i could. Especially when i see that he could be the horse he was before things went belly-up.

So as long as you can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and can keep yourself safe, and enjoy being with him, then i wish you a lot of luck.

12. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Cornflower that is not true....honestly putting up a mental picture of humans and horses working and enjoying each other, is just as valid a picture as one put up of a horse and rider at odds with each other.

I merely pointed out that there are literally thousands of people enjoying relatively trouble-free horsey lives......one doesn't have to put up with "issues"......especially from 'recreation"......horses are meant to be enjoyed not do our heads in or potentially harm us (forget the inherent risks of general riding too).
    For some reason some people think that working out a "tough horse" earns them some special right of passage into the horse world.....or elevates them somehow because they "stuck it out".....like the "harder you do it" the more respect you are going to get from your peers.......?
    Yet mention that recreational horses are meant to be pure recreation and then you are somehow 'being nasty' or not supportive enough?

Horses can be dangerous creatures even the 99% predictable ones can injure....but why "chose" to work with horses above ones level of expertise and time?......
    Cornflower do you have other committments? Like husband and children....or job?

Horses for the majority are the "my space" thing.....a place and thing to go to away from all our responsibilities......unless of course one is a professional in some capacity the rest of us are pure horse lubbers.....why spend even one minute of that precious "my space" time on horses that give us grief?

Yep one can kid themself for so long that they are enjoying the challenge and they might actually believe it for a time.......but all the kudos in the world aren't hiding the reality........
    Alas some people take on these types of horses as some type of "quest"......the rest of us just hope that they stay safe because the stats say most don't.

13. smash

smash Well-known Member

no one is saying you are wrong EVP,
    but you keep posting YOUR OPINION over and over and over again until the thread gets locked.
    95% of people on this forum, have problems with their horses, some mild problems some big problems, they share their good times and bad times with SY members, yet they dont get your "special treatment". why are you harping on AGAIN in rayes thread ???
    we all get that you have an opinion, just sick of reading it 100 times.
    please if you can not give rayes moral support, then dont post in her thread, it is that simple.
    it would be nice if just one of rayes threads is not locked because of your posts.
    she is just trying her best, you can not expect anything else from her, yes she will make mistakes, it is part of how we learn.
    she will have ups and downs like everyone else, but i for one will morally support her on her down days and congratulate her on her up days. no one needs to kicked while down.
    well said cornflower
    thanks sim
    )))waves at babe((((
    cheers

14. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

Agreed! I am pretty sure you remember that I was having some kind of problems with Cullen when he was older weanling-yearling. Just because I never handled one that young.

He was handful but I got some help and from there I learnt so much and we both just improved. NO ONE never stops learning till the day we die!

15. smash

smash Well-known Member

yes shell i remember,
    you got someone to help you, you still did things your way, had some ups and downs until you found a balance.
    you made mistakes, revaluated, got help, found a way to make things work for YOU.
    it did not happen in a few weeks, it did not happen in a few months, it happened over time, and i am glad i was able to share the highs and lows with you.
    rayes is no different, she is trying to find HER WAY, and yes there will mistakes, but there will also be a lot of happy times also.
    it is the happy times that helps us get through the rough times.
    JUST LIKE LIFE !!!!!!!!

16. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Rayes I have not read all this thread but have read a few of the last posts including EVP's

What some people do not understnad is that it is about the journey and there are ups and downs along that journey but the satisfaction along the way is huge.

The first pony my OH bought Skito was a 4 yr old colt....but he was cute. Skito was 10 and didn't really know how to ride. Jafale while cute could be a right prick......only horse that i knew that could have his head up his butt and still go sideways.

i cannot tell you how many times he dumped me and skito, or how many tears were shed, or how many times Skito said..... I hate him, he is such a bastard.

We got help from a number of places, we got training, had lessons and found the pathway that worked for him.

That pony ended up the best pony in the club, he turned out a super performance pony and we cried buckets when we sold him because we loved him so much.

We learnt so much from that pony and maybe other people might have given in .....why waste your time when there are so many good horses out there..... BUT not only did Jafale end up a good pony himself, he ended up a great one.

Skito quite often says ... " Success is a journey, not a destination"

I have no doubts that you will get here, even with your ups and downs along the way. People forget sometimes how much we can love an animal and bond with them even if things are not perfect.....but we arent either :)

I will in future look for your posts and follow your journey. I wish you all the best with it :)

17. EVP

EVP Gold Member

And the Academy Award goes to...........
    Suggest to actually READ my posts, there was no kicking there.....lolol
    I never read Rayes posts to be quiet so tragic. Smash you make it all sound so.......tragic.....lolol :}

18. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

((waves back at Smash((

I think some people may have too much time on their hands..LOL

19. smash

smash Well-known Member

*nods*
    yes i believe you are correct babe
    he he he

20. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Some people are great time managers!!......while others are pure time wasters.....lolol
    But I'm just stating the obvious......again.

Congrats Smasho!! **)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.