Ammo Stock saddle....who has them?

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by Talkingshell, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

The heading says it all....

Are they comforty as was looking into getting it for trail riding also to keep me safe with wings thingy for when Cullen is newly broken in...just don't want to get thrown off with just dressage saddle lol

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. Paddys girl

Paddys girl Well-known Member

great saddles, also greg grant sell a version that is pretty much exactly the same but a bit cheaper (synthetic that is).

3. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

I've got an Ammo and I love it. Must say though, that quite a few others that have ridden in it don't! I went from a dressage saddle to the Ammo, and I love where it puts my legs. Think alot of stock/half breed saddle people are more used to having their legs a little more forward than you do in the Ammo.

Try one to be sure :)

4. Pockets

Pockets Gold Member

I'd say try one first too! I rode in one and hated it-like riding on a plank of wood.....

5. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

i've got one & love it! 2nd one i've had & will stick with em.Love the way they put my legs straight underneath me,so i'm not sitting on my jeans pockets! Hated that with other stock style saddles including fender types.So light,just chuck it on your horse,so secure,i campdraft in mine no problems.Fits my wide QH ok & my slimmer filly great.Haven't tried the GG ones but my friends & i all ride in Ammos & are more than pleased.**)

6. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

I'm looking to do a couple of longer distance rides on my girl and was wondering if you Ammo people thought it would be comfy for a days riding? No fast stuff just plodding along. I really like the look of the saddle. i usually ride in a AP english saddle but have had a go on a western before.

7. Talkingshell

Talkingshell Well-known Member

Thanks everyone...I might try it out as there is one in saddlery store, so will sit on to get the feel.

And I do have Isabella Dressage saddle and it wouldnt be good for trail riding as I intended to ride Cullen with lots of trail rides for a good year before he sees the arena!

8. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

I find mine very comfortable, but I guess that will depend on the shape of your individual tush :)

9. abi

abi Well-known Member

i have a stock saddle and hate it bought it new, in queensland used it twice, its now in shed gathering dust and spiders ,would love to try other types of saddle , at the moment i ride in a wintec VSD and think i would be more comfty i a western/stock type. any recommendations would be greatly receicved. i intent to do 20km- 40km socail rides in the future:))

10. Telstar

Telstar New Member

I have an ammo half breed synthetic.. Its been a great saddle. I was training in classical dressage stuff at work at the time.. and was quite comfortable riding it in the longer legged/centered positions we were using. I also used it for fairly long bush rides (4+hrs) and had no problems.. It fitted both my skinny TB right down to my barrel shaped mare who had no withers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  11. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

Please PM Telstar......

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2009
  12. Dizzy_8

Dizzy_8 Well-known Member

ima huge fan of stock saddles, and ha;lf breeds!!**)

they are so comfyand i feel a heap more confident in them!

ilove marshal poleys**)**)2 thumbs up from me!

13. kelmitch

kelmitch Well-known Member

I have a Half Breed saddle, it is awesome for long distance ride, endurance and I used mine when we moved sheep! too bad I won't be using it for awhile.....
    Mine was a pretty decent price! PM me and I will tell you where i bort it from!

14. painter

painter Well-known Member

I love my wintec western, but I am leaning towards a stock saddle or half breed as well (I need another saddle because OH will start riding Flicka occasionally in a few months while I ride Tommy.

I liked the look of the ammo as well. Are there any other good synthetic stock saddles/half breeds?

15. sparkie

sparkie Well-known Member

a mate has just bought one a few months ago...personally i think the saddles are awful but i must admit this saddle fits him fatastic to the point that she must havent done the girth up well and it had come undone until she realised she was still at trot and he is a bit of an antzy horse so when he felt the girth it his leg he jumped slightly and she finally got him to stop but in all that movement it didnt move an inch and she LOVES IT and swears by it very very impressed with this saddle

16. CountryGurl_007

CountryGurl_007 Well-known Member

i have one i find them comy and they have a nice seat and what i like best is that they are a nice cheap saddle and easy to care for and it fits my horse perfect

17. painter

painter Well-known Member

I'm just bumping this thread up because I'd like know how the synthetic ammo saddles are wearing for those that have had them for a while?

Sounds like they are a good fit on different shape horses and help give you a good deep dressage type seat (as per the advertising claims;) which is why I keep coming back to look at them. I just can't help but think $695 for a new saddle is just to good to be true? I'm a bit of a synthetic convert now (yes its a shock to me too!;)

18. Cowgirl_9

Cowgirl_9 Active Member

My OH's sister has one, I rode in it on the weekend after riding in a wintec stock swinging fender(which I thought was horrible by the way!!) and LOVED IT!! Absolutely love where it puts your leg compared to the rest of the stock saddles and quiet comfy!!

She has had it for around 2 years now and I must admit it is starting to look a little tired, but bear in mind she has ridden in it nearly every day in those 2 years. But in saying that, it is still in perfectly good working order!!

When I buy my new horse, I will be getting one.. for $700 approx, I definately think you cant go wrong!!

Cheers:)*