All brand searches in here !

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Melody, Oct 29, 2008.

1. suga1624

suga1624 Well-known Member

I recently saved an OTTB, and im trying to get his papers..
    i only got him last weekend.. any chance anybody can help me out with where he is from etc. PM would be great :)

[​IMG]

2. Daxter

Daxter Active Member

Brand Search Please

Brand Search please B over G and 8 over 1 on the other side, Bay Gelding x racer something like Bellotto Boy in his day, now just Mick.

3. Magicalwhitesox

Magicalwhitesox Active Member

Hi i have a bay tb mare, shes 6 years old, her brand is 1WG and a 2 over 5?? i cant find her anywhere? does anyone know how or where i could find this out?!!! would be great!

4. Blackbat

Blackbat Well-known Member

Does anyone know how to access really old records? We've tried to go through the Ag Dept to trace a horse (non TB or SB) who was born in 1980, (at least he has 11 over 0 and we found him abandoned in a paddock in 1986). The Ag Dept tells us the records are too old and not been computerised, so too hard for them to find. There must be some way to access them, even if we had to pay? If records are made they should be retrievable during the horses lifetime surely?

5. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

That brand will be 1 lazy E G, its Ellie Giles' brand.

6. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Blackbat, obviously the horse has a brand on his near side? Does this brand exist on the Ag Dept site? Does the Date of First Registration go back to 1986 or earlier? Just a thought - some of these old farmer types have had the same brand passed on through family for years.

Otherwise it sounds like a 'cant be bothered' reply RE Ag Dept. Maybe you could insist? :p

7. Blackbat

Blackbat Well-known Member

Does sound like can't be bothered. They said it would be too difficult to look through the paper archives. Seeing how it isn't a matter of life or death, how do you insist?

Yes the near shoulder has a faint firebrand. Looks like a uH3. There are current brands rego for UH3 and XH3 and lazyXH3. But dates are recent, not 30 years old. Seeing how he was the 11th foal born that year, they must have bred a few horses.

We don't even know what breed he is, so can't even search breed societies or studs. People have guessed Connemara, Andalusian, all sorts. He is an unusual strawberry roan with black points and lots of thick mane, with an untamed personality and flamboyant movement. Would love to know where he came from before he drops off the perch, we have owned him for 26 of his 31 years. Seems sad that he is on the record somewhere but nobody can help us find it.

8. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Suga, did you find out about your horse? What are the brands on his other shoulder?

9. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

The horse is "Brazen Heart" by Show a Heart from Posh Magic.
    No white markings
    Life Number: AUS00899124
    She registered as brown, not bay.
    Date of Birth: 17/08/2005
    Microchip Number: 985100010894474
    8 starts, for nothing.
    Last race 24/5/2009 at Kalgoorlie.
    Was trained by Brendan Corver of Esperance.
    No embargoes, and nothing spectacular in her stewards reports.

10. Aponi

Aponi New Member

Can someone help?

Bought this buckskin filly in Laidley 19.11.11, was sold 5 weeks prior at Warwick and assumed to come from NSW.
    I would like to know if someone can read this brand and can trace it for me...i have run out of options :)*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Poor blighter with a brand like that :(
    To me it looks as though there was something underneath and someone has branded over it to try and erase it.
    Whoever did that ought not be allowed near a horse with a branding iron. Poor sod.

12. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

I put this in the other brand thread but wasn't sure if it was the right one ';'
    hiya:)
    I was wonder if any one can look up this brand for me??
    It is 1 over 9 and lazy R G1.
    12y/o Chestnut Thoroughbred mare with blaze and front stockings.. It was originally thought that her name was Secret Brew but we cannot find any matching info of her with that name.
    Really would love some help as we need some registration info for a breed show.

13. brittany_137

brittany_137 New Member

hey, can someone please help me with a brand search. The only info i have is; hes a 15.2hh bay standardbred gelding named Tyson, his previous owners said they think hes 14 but the vet said hes around 8? so unsure of age, and he is apparently an ex-pacer.

[​IMG]

14. Ridelikeyoumeanit

Ridelikeyoumeanit Active Member

hi could someone please search a brand for me.

8BR and 1over4

7 yr old bay mare with a couple of hind socks

was told her name but might be spelling it wrong as i cant find her on the stud book site

thanks

15. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Your horse is:

Freo Pocket Rocket
    Life Number: AUS00888466
    Date of Birth: 14/08/2004
    Microchip Number: 985100010880472
    DNA Typed: Y
    by Musketeer (IRE) 1996
    from Sister Red (AUS) 1981
    bred by Mr B Rudez, WA

Shes had 4 trials, and one race for no placings or prizemoney.
    The trials were at Lark Hill and the race at Northam on the 22/7/2010.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011
  16. Ridelikeyoumeanit

Ridelikeyoumeanit Active Member

thanks for that,

no wonder i couldnt find her, i was told she was freo miss mo

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  17. anerak

anerak New Member

brand

Hi have just brought a horse today, has a brand on near shoulder that is difficult to read will have to try clipping it tomorrow however when washing him today i noticed on his nearside rump he has the number 8 branded on it. Does anyone know what this means as i have not seen a horse with a brand on their bum before?? He is a Qh x

Thanks

18. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Hiya, its a quarter horse thing, and sometimes the ASH put the stockhorse A on the rump also, not so common now but still you see some around.

Sometimes its a 'Q' or an 'A' on the rump (fully registered or appendix registered QH, respectively) or sometimes its a number over a number like the standard drop/year number that you usually see on the offside shoulder.

Fairly safe to say the 8 indicates the year the horse was born, ie 1988, 1998 or 2008.

19. Mizzi

Mizzi New Member

Hi Can someone please look up my horse brand please

BB8 and 22 over 0

tb bay gelding

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  20. anerak

anerak New Member

brand

Thanks for the above answer. I clipped his shoulder today and i think the brand on his shoulder is IOL or the IDL but the middle letter could be a possible B but i think it is O or D and there is 9 underneath.

Do you know what this brand means or what stud it could be from? He is a QH x, well that is what i was told not sure what he is crossed with

Would love any info
    Thanks