All Arabian, NOT LONG NOW

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Maree4, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

hehe thanks Vee, he knows it to,

hes definately one in a million, love him to bits

2. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I don't know.
    I personally live nearly 4 hours away and the cost of stables it just not what you need ontop of everything else. If it does not go smoothly with the SEC this time as I've heard it hasn't for alot of people I will never compete there again (I won't fancy standing around with a colt while waiting to find a stable key!).
    Lets hope it goes smoothly so I can continue to attend these shows but I just live too far away for stuffing around and its certainly not country friendly.

But we won't start this convo again hey :p**).

3. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I am not going because of the new fees, especially when the All Stars show is on the same weekend. Don't want to start this convo again, but thought you should know quite a few people are not going to All Arabian because of this.

4. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

I have heard a lot of people are going to the All Stars instead aswell

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  5. Luke do you know if Keralyn is going to be at All Stars as I need to catch her about something...

6. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

I'll be there with my girl on Sunday. She's the big buckskin - hard to miss. I decided to get her clipped as she was a little on the hairy side. We are in 2 halter classes and have entered 2 ridden (although I'll decide on the day whether I am brave enough or not). I'm really looking forward to it (although i was hoping it wouldn't be so hot!

7. cruise 99

cruise 99 Active Member

don't know.
    I personally live nearly 4 hours away and the cost of stables it just not what you need ontop of everything else. If it does not go smoothly with the SEC this time as I've heard it hasn't for alot of people I will never compete there again (I won't fancy standing around with a colt while waiting to find a stable key!).
    Lets hope it goes smoothly so I can continue to attend these shows but I just live too far away for stuffing around and its certainly not country friendly.

But we won't start this convo again hey .
    Today 08:50 AM

Arnie & MPKG what i meant was that i understand most ppl arent going because of the new stable system, us included, but i'm glad that some ppl are still going to support the arab show even though it is now alot harder to justify the price hike.

For us to take a baby and a newie for 2 classes each plus the stables was a pretty penny.

By the way King is really growing into himself and developing into something quite specky. ; )

8. MPKG

MPKG Active Member

I'm not sure, I think All Stars.

Try giving her a call :)

Yeh, good for those that can afford it :)

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

I agree Cruise 99. Was expensive enough with one let alone two and more! I had thought about missing out due to the price hike but seeing as their the only shows my guy attends (because we live too far away to attend anymore) I thought I'd give it a go before making up my mind.
    Thanks for your lovely comments :D.

10. Remaani

Remaani Guest

At the Mini Show on the weekend just gone... we travelled the 1.5hrs with
    4 mini's. They ended up after all stops being on the float for 2 hrs.
    Got to the SEC Sat arvo & after MANY phone calls to the person to unlock the stables went unanswered, the mini's stayed tied up outside the stables for several hours.
    In the end we used someone elses (friend) over night.
    Had our stable unlocked in the morning but we had no use for it then.
    Though someone else was using it.

Not happy! What a balls up this new system they have happening... or not happening! #(

11. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

Well Im not going this year for a change as my mares are either in foal or working on going in foal, so this year off for my girls:)

was wanting to come watch BUT have been roped into showing a mini.....:confused::confused::confused: hahahahaha
    from one extreme to the other:)

GOOD LUCK to all going and Vee and Deesham Park Winmara kick some butt this year.:)

12. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

geez, i hope there onto it at the all arab, cause i have a colt, mind you a quiet one, but there will be plenty of stallions there, and im sure their owners wont feel like doing the same

13. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

My goodness Kylie thats not good at all! I hope you got your money back for the time you didn't use the stable!

14. shaz71

shaz71 Well-known Member

midas, hope you guys kick butt this weekend:)*

15. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I had a stallion, as well as a mare (not shown for a while & ended up coming down with stress colic Monday, related maybe? I don't no...) & a young colt plus friend's filly. Having them tied up for ages just wasn't fair IMO. #(

But i'll be there showing Flame on Sunday, it's only been 8 days since he's been here & he's looking better, just not as good as i had hoped *sigh*.

16. Tisharli

Tisharli Active Member

OMG. Balls up is a understatement, I would be asking for my money back.:mad: I hope this doesn't happen to anyone this weekend for 1 taking a colt and stallion I will be ropable if I can't use my stables as expensive as they are.#(
    Hoping everyone has a great show :)* Anyone staying overnight Saturday come say g'day we are in row H stables 57 & 55 off the top of my head. We will be equipped drink wise its gonna be hot lol... :))

17. Gerbra

Gerbra Well-known Member

hehe me to, the esky is nearly packed, choccies and turkey for kylie :));)

wine for me :D

18. mistress72

mistress72 Active Member

ha, ha sharyn, i know where to come to get a drink. shall i bring the car fridge? dont pack too many beams P. has a big day!!!:)*

19. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

Thanks !! me too!:p

How did diesel go at WAQHA state champs?:D

20. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

In that case I am going down on friday and getting my stable unlocked and ready for saturday morning, our first class is at 8am so I don't need the stress of not finding the guy with the stable key!!!:mad: