Ajistment insurance

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by hopon, Feb 8, 2004.

1. hopon

hopon New Member

My neighbour is looking to agist one horse at her house and was wondering the insurance ramifications for doing this. My other neighbour has just had an indemnity form drawn up from a solicitor - is this sufficient? I realise that there has been alot on this topic awhile backbut am wondering what the latest info is.

2. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

im not sure of the details, i think part of it would involve what the owner of the property has got insurance (home cover) with.... such as non family members riding on property.
    Also it is wise to have individual horse insurance which is up to the owner of the horse.

-bec-

3. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

test post for beccy by admin.

4. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

Advisable to get insurance adn to tell the agister to insure.
    No matter what a duty of care is owed to the agister, so insurance is advisable (a friend has just finsihed paying off a court order for a theif who came onto their property but broke his ankle, on a loose rock/step thing - in the garden where he had no right to be)

Nikiwink

5. JSP

JSP Well-known Member

I know this post is a bit old, but it's a subject I now need some advice on!!

I have only ever kept my horses on my own property, but now have to agist one elsewhere. Do I, as an agistee (?), need to get insurance cover for my horse in case she hurts someone at the agistment centre? I have contacted one place whose number I got from previous posts and they will only cover horses who earn an income from showing etc. We only go to small shows and she isn't even broken in.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good insurance agency?!!

6. TB4Me

TB4Me Well-known Member

Beryl Brooks is pretty good, perhaps contact them on the details which I just pushed up from the other post below...

7. JSP

JSP Well-known Member

thanks tb4me! that was the company i already conatcted - who couldn't help with just a pleasure horse... i have since contacted a few more places and have the insurance thing all sorted!! i figure it's better to be safe than sorry these days...