Advertisers List

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by amandasmith, Feb 20, 2009.

1. amandasmith

amandasmith Well-known Member

Just wondering if there is any chance of putting the advertisers list in alphabetical order. I am not sure whether you have it the way it is due to priority or something but I find now that there are so many advertisers sometimes its hard to find the one you're looking for. I seem to have to have a second take before I actually find the one I am looking for (although it may just be me being blind). This is definitely not a complaint just a possible suggestion that would make it easier for me :)*

2. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Have to say I second that Idea :)

3. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

I third it ! **) theres just so many now..its hard to go throu to find the one your looking for. ;)

Cheers
    Lee

4. Clerrt

Clerrt Well-known Member

Yeah, that's a great idea - I find myself looking at it and givving up before I even start sometimes.......or seperate it into categories:)

5. pso

pso Gold Member

great idea!**)

6. Mega Kool

Mega Kool Well-known Member

This may be a great idea (aphabetical listing) if you already know who it is you are looking for.
    But if your looking for a particular service, it won't work.:)

7. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Have been thinking of a drop down menu with the different headings eg. Agistment, Browbands, Horse and Pony Studs etc. A user can roll their mouse over the heading and a list of the associated advertiser website links will drop down in alphabetical order.

cheers...admin

8. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

yep that could work boss **)

Cheers
    Lee

9. Murray

Thank you citygirl, I am working on a drop down menu system that should be ready in the next few days.**)

cheers...admin

10. Murray

This will be the new look. :)

Advertiser Menu

It is also the first cut so still checking spelling, links etc.

cheers...admin

11. Mod 3

Mod 3 Moderator

Nice boss ,nice **)

12. Floggadog

Floggadog Guest

Looks great.
    My only query is the font size of the primary list which may be too small for some members.
    As a suggestion would it be possible to have the Primary list running down the side of the page with the 'drop down boxes' popping up next to each heading? This way the font of the primary list could be bigger.

13. pso

pso Gold Member

great idea!

Can Bella Equestrian be moved to 'tack and Saddlery shops'....might be easier to find there!:))

14. taeliesyn

taeliesyn Well-known Member

Looks good **)

My only suggestion, besides possibly increasing the font size, would be to remove the hover text from the headings. If you're just flicking through the list the hover text gets in the way of the drop down menu, and you really should know which heading you are looking at without it :)*

15. Pepsea

Pepsea Gold Member

looks good, very easy to use and find who your looking for

16. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Hey this is great - have used it three times now looking for sites - works for me!

17. Murray

Thank you for the positive feedback, I have made a few changes as suggested. Increasing the font size will expand the overall width and depending on user screen size and resolution will be too wide for their normal screen.

cheers

18. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Really like it! :)

19. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Now where cooking with gas :)

20. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Looks good :)

Only thing the headers are quite small. Maybe its just my comp?