Abscess under jaw

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by dun, Dec 4, 2007.

1. dun

dun Active Member

Just a story.A gelding in our farm thats agisted here has a awful abscess right under his jaw-no not stangles:)* I have put it down to a grass seed or a splinter of wood etc basically anything around the paddock.
    I have placed Magnoplasm on it and it has come to a head.I have then left it open and irrigated it with betadine twice a day plus spray from centrigen-have the flies ever been so bad in the last month#(

He is covered with his Tetnus shots etc and he is well in himself.It was on one of those pozzies you dont notice even though you see the horse every day. Penicilin has been given to_One shot of long acting for the week daily.
    Cheers

2. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Magnoplasm is the most amazing stuff, how it draws foreign objects out, good luck with the the horses recovery:)

3. dun

dun Active Member

Always something

Thanks for that and I hope to not find something else wrong for at least a week:)*
    I have never seen such great stuff as magnplasm.Its heaven:)

4. dun

dun Active Member

One more thing

Just out of interest whats peoples view on healing creams and antiseptic creams on wounds etc.
    These are my favs at the mo **)

Potties White and Green- small stuff on lower limbs etc
    Sea Minerals Cream
    Yellow Lotion- Big injuries.Granulation is great with this.
    Betadine Betadine
    Dermaclens on the start of the wound cleansing saga.**)
    Also Terramycin powder on open wounds as its a antiseptic and it sticks.
    Cheers

5. Raider

Raider Well-known Member

I love the sea minerals cream at the moment, my boy is so accident prone and has chunks of hair off him every day - drives me crazy. I find if I put the sea minerals cream on hair is growing back in a week. Excellent stuff