A thread for non-gold members Part 2

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Noelle, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Morning peoples

Maggies getting in a bit early arent they? Fortunately the maggies who live down at the horse paddocks dont swoop.

izzy, are you keeping an eye on what's happening to Essendon? Just listening to a sports commentator this morning and he thinks the coach, James Hird, the doctor and one other person cant remember who it was, think it must have been one of their main trainers, will be wiped out of the AFL, being charged with bringing the game into disrepute. He also thinks the team will be wiped of points for this year. Will watch that space with interest.

Surprises me about Hirdy, if there was anyone I thought was honest in the AFL, it would have been JH.

2. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Lauren you'll have to hit me up with your tips this round *#)

Yeh I was listening to an interview with Barra who said same thing about how he thought Hird was one of the more honest people in the game but not so much any more :( I think the whole thing will drag out for a bit longer sadly, if they are going to be stripped of their points you'd want it to happen sooner rather than later.

My favourite essendon play Zaharakis was supposedly the only one not to have taken the peptides, but now there are allegations against him :( Hard to believe what to believe/what not to believe though

No Cookies | Herald Sun

3. Frizzy Mits

Frizzy Mits Active Member

Just thought l would pop in and say hi where is everyone :)

4. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Hmm, maybe all in hiding. :D What are you up to Frizzy Mits?

Hey izzy, how's your tips going? I didnt pick Carlton. Have picked NM to beat Essendon. Are you going to the game tonight? I dont have much hope, but who knows. OH keeps looking at the numbers and who needs to win/lose to make our chances better at making the 8. :rolleyes:

Sad to see Selwood and Nicoski retire. Poor Nicoski, always had so many injuries.

Oh well, I will be watching the game regardless.

5. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Afternoon all. Sorry I can't comment on football except that it's a complete and utter waste of a perfectly good riding area :stir:

6. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Yep, Subi oval would make a great arena. :D

7. Frizzy Mits

Frizzy Mits Active Member

Hey noelle

Nothing much at the moment as thunders got an ulcer on his eye so that's keeping me busy putting the creams in and stuff. Can't complain though he's quite a good horsey patient :)

Have to say I don't understand footy at all............ More of a rugby girl myself :)

8. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Things are a bit quiet. Sort of like my life at the moment, which is a good thing. :p Maybe a joke is needed:

My wife, Julie, had been after me for several weeks to revarnish the wooden seat on our toilet. Finally, I got around to doing it while Julie was out. After finishing, I left to take care of another matter before she returned.

She came in and undressed to take a shower. Before getting in the shower, she sat on the toilet.

As she tried to stand up, she realized that the not-quite-dry epoxy paint had glued her to the toilet seat.

About that time, I got home and realized her predicament. We both pushed and pulled without any success whatsoever. Finally, in desperation, I undid the toilet seat bolts. Julie wrapped a sheet around herself and I drove her to the hospital emergency room.

The ER Doctor got her into a position where he could study how to free her (Try to get a mental picture of this.).

Julie tried to lighten the embarrassment of it all by saying, "Well, Doctor, I'll bet you've never seen anything like this before."

The Doctor replied, "Actually, I've seen lots of them......

I just never saw one mounted and framed."

:lol:

9. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Morning peoples

Ho hum, ho hum, things are very quiet. Contemplating the fact that I have to go to a meeting this morning in Leederville and just hoping that the thunderstorms dont hit until later today. Dont like my chances :dry:.

10. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Hey izzy, what's the chances of the Eagles making the 8? :lol: Technically speaking, we could, but I am really hoping this weekend will be our last game for 2013, then we can rest and regroup to attack 2014. IMO North Melbourne is the team that isnt in the 8 but should be.

11. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Been so busy recently!! Handed in a 7000 word assignment last week which put me behind in all my other uni work :cry: Can never keep on top!!!

Yep agreed about North. If any of the other teams got through, they'd just get smashed straight after! Carlton and WCE have been so disappointing. Ouch for Essendon punishment though :eek: I know they need to set a standard, but didn't think they'd fine them, ban Hird, take away points and draft picks. Draft picks will really hurt them. Oh well, guess they shouldn't have done it!

Media coverage on it has been awful!! Saw one journo ask Demetriou if the whole saga has damaged AFL.... :blink: Thought that one would be an obvious answer *#)

12. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

I'm here i'm here :) Still working part time waiting for job start date, riding, dodging the rain (or getting rained on...) and dealing with horses colicing left right and centre (yes, really...what are the chances?).

Phew Izzy 7000 worder! Ouch! Good luck with all of your other work.

13. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Was thinking about you when I was doing this assignment- was criminal procedure *#) Should have listened to your warnings!!

Oh no, surely not more colics? :eek:

14. Evered

Evered Well-known Member

Bahaha oh you poor thing! I still miss uni a bit but have absolutely no desire to do assignments that's for sure :p

I know, i'd been having a 'good run' until Monday night when my 30yr old came down with colic (impaction)...then to have the vet return for a second drench Tuesday morning - and right as we entered said horse's yard - my other one started to colic (gas) - WTF!!! Fred (surgery pony) on the other hand was out galavanting around the paddock while this was all happening *#)

15. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

hellloaaaa jolly peoples!!

:D

16. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

Hellloooo Nanny

17. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Thats a great new looking avatar you have there chickie!:wub:

18. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Missed seeing your avatar nanny :hug:

19. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

How's life down south NG? :)*

20. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

wow so much to show and tell lol but will have to wait for a little bit till I catch up on some things (like everything on stockies!!)

missed ewes all

:hug: