A thread for non-gold members Part 2

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Noelle, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Lucksta

Lucksta Well-known Member

Pony made a miraculous recovery haha.. hopped on Friday in front of the instructor and she thought he looked fine so got my lesson on Saturday :) He was great, we just did some flatwork.
    Reinstalled the forwards button, and have began leg yeild now at walk and trot :) On Sunday I popped him over a few jumps, he was great.. bit full of himself (we got a few good bucks!) but not bad.. posted a video in the Horse Riding thread. I have changed him to Wheaten hay and upped it from 4 biscuits a day to about 6-7.. have also upped his True Gain, and added Hygain Balance so wondering if he's getting too much now?

Started him on Pentosan on Saturday (and because I'm mean also gave him his strangles and tetanus booster at the same time.. hehe).

2. Ponies4Me

Ponies4Me Well-known Member

Chocolate brownies OMG!

Sister made some last night and and Oh, Just Sinful :)*

Other than that how is everyone?

We're doing a lot of nothing on the pony front. One broken rider and one broken pony leaves one unhappy kidlet with a not-suitable-for-just-off-the-lead-rider mount who is enjoying an extended holiday far to much. No wonder I'm eating chocolate :dry:

3. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

I've got a wicked recipe for a chocolate fudge self saucing pudding that gets done..... IN THE SLOW COOKER :D

Anyone want it?

4. Ponies4Me

Ponies4Me Well-known Member

Of course we want it!

Tease :D

5. Macchiato

Macchiato Well-known Member

Most definatly GR!!!!!

6. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

I actually doubled these ingredients because the amounts below made a batter wayyyyyyy too small for my 5.5L slow cooker.

Ingredients

1 cup flour
    3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup milk
    2 tablespoons cooking oil (I used rice bran oil)
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Sauce
    3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 3/4 cups hot water

Method

Place first group of ingredients in bowl, stir.
    Add milk, cooking oil and vanilla. Stir well.
    Turn into slow cooker.
    Stir sauce ingredients together well in a bowl.
    Pour sauce carefully over the batter in the slow cooker and DO NOT STIR.
    With a blunt knife poke it down between the batter and the edge of the slow cooker pot a few times in various places.
    This will help the sauce to go to the bottom of the pot and let the pudding rise up on top as it should.

Cook on high for about 2 hours or until a skewer inserted in centre of pudding comes out clean.

Serve with cream or milk (highly recommended!)

Enjoy!

7. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

My tummy says yes, :D My hips and bum say no. :dry:

8. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

So listen to the tummy ;)

I'm going to do it sometime this week and put some pear through it, see how that goes :) It has been suggested to throw a handful of choc chips of some sort through it but not sure if I could handle that :blink:

9. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Didn't think it was possibly to improve on that recipe but I certainly managed to :D Adding pears worked a treat.

10. Lucksta

My silly 17inch saddle and midget horse says no!

11. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

See this is where I got clever and took the slow cooker to work and cooked it at work. The smells got everyone's noses twitching and once it was ready it didn't take long for it to disappear thus not having leftovers sitting in the fridge for me to nibble on. I still had some but not as much as what I would have if I did it at home.

12. Macchiato

Macchiato Well-known Member

I am going to give it a go today GR. It seems perfect for a winters day.

13. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Morning peoples

Got absolutely, totally drenched yesterday, all in a matter of minutes. Walking from the bus stop to the train station, about 500 metres???. Trousers drenched, boots sodden, backpack rather moist. Fortunately it wasnt that bad this morning. Cant complain about the rain, we need it. Maybe I need some of GR's fudge. Maybe I could give it a go on the weekend.

Stay dry everyone!!!

14. PetaBizz

PetaBizz Well-known Member

Im definately gonna try that recipe on the weekend... :)

15. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

izzy izzy izzy - where are you????????

I need to talk footy :D

16. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

:)):)):)):))

What a game huh! Looks like peptides have finally run out for bombers *#)

Le Cras was on fire, even after the rib injury! Beautiful day for it too

17. Lucksta

A perfectly tipped weekend! Not bad if I do say so ;)

18. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Yeah, certainly didnt pick the Eagles and certainly wouldnt have thought they would win by so much. Hope LeCras is over the yips now. Didnt pick Collingwood, didnt pick Dogs. Anyway, was a great win.

Lucksta, you picked 9!!!!! Well done, I wont say anything about more a**e than class. :p :D

19. Lucksta

Bit of a fluke I reckon *#)
    Decided I needed to start picking a few long shots in order to move up the ladder a bit at work to get into the placings. Was the only one out of nearly 100 people in the work comp to get 9/9 :p Definitely a fluke

20. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I picked Eagles- because of how Bombers have player their past couple of games, Eagles were playing better last weekend ...but mainly because of loyalty :p Paid off this time!

I didn't pick Dogs or Collingwood either, but looks like we were with majority there! [​IMG]

Keeps it interesting though :)*

Just word of warning too- must be swooping season :( Went out on a 'relaxing' trail ride today and got swooped by 3 different magpies! One was seriously persistent too