A thread for non-gold members Part 2

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Noelle, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Random_Winger

Random_Winger Well-known Member

The winter can be brutal izzy, found myself suffering SAD for the better part. Especially on the farm where you just deal with -15 all day brrrrr.

Medieval Times is one of the best attractions around. Such a brilliant concept too!

2. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Morning peoples :}

Hope all are well and happy! Muffin, banana bread or chocolate brownie. Decisions, decisions, hope it will be the toughest thing to do all day. :D

izzy, am I game to pick the Eagles to beat Gold Coast????

3. Lucksta

Lucksta Well-known Member

Yep.. Eagles are going down (I hope so since they ruined my 9 outa 9 last week!! grrr).

The hardest one to pick is the Bombers vs The Pies...
    Think I'm going with Essendon however, Pies have 11 injuries!

4. Lucksta

Silly pony injured his leg yesterday

& has also taken skin off around his neck and now has a big lump the size of a tennis ball which is very, very sore to touch. Hmm, think there goes our lesson. Instructor saw it, he got his leg stuck really high in a fence, thrashed about before getting out so has probably pulled the muscles in his hindquarters now *sigh*.

[​IMG]

5. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Yeh do it :)* I've got tickets to the game because I wanted to see them win a game :p All games I've been to this season they've lost :eek: maybe I cursed them? *#)

6. Diana

Diana Gold Member

When are the Eagles playing?

Aww poor Lucky :( silly fella :( is it very deep? Doesn't look too bad from the picture :)

7. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

2.40 tomorrow Diana :) Hoping I don't get rained on! Last game I went to work put me up in a corporate box so was a bit nicer than slumming it like I will be tomorrow :p

Nah that's an easy pick, Essendon all the way *#) I think Carlton/Dockers is a tricky one. Eagles have 12 listed injuries at the moment :(

My picks are-
    Geelong, GWS (though I think Melb could be a surprise win here), Hawks, WCE, Dockers, Lions, Sydney, Port and Bombers.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  8. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Lucksta, I saw your post in WOW about pony lameness and was going to ask what had happened. Hopefully he will be ok.

izzy, I went almost the same, I picked Collingwood over bombers. I think that game and the GWS/Melbourne game is a toss up and could go either way.

9. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Don't forget Watson is back though! Shouldn't be a bad weekend of footy :)*

10. Lucksta

Nope not deep, think it's more muscle wise as he was thrashing in the fence and his back leg was up very high.. he's not lame, but when I hopped on last night he showed me how unhappy he was with a pretty decent bucking display so jumped off. He never bucks so must be sore :(

11. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

Hey RW what time is sunrise/sunset over there?

12. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Did not expect that win from the roos Noelle!! Eek thrown my tipping out first game!

Ouch poor Lucky, hopefully he's on the mend soon :)*

13. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Yep, wont be getting 9 this week. :dry: Geelong doesnt seem to be travelling that well.

Good point about Watson. But now I'm not game to change my tips. If I dont, Essendon will win, if I do they wont. :rolleyes:

14. Random_Winger

Random_Winger Well-known Member

Sunrise around 5.30am and sun sets fully around 9.45pm :)

15. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

so you are in summer and the temps are in the minus degrees? wow winter must be so cold.

16. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Morning peoples :}

So by my reckoning izzy you got 6? I was surprised Richmond got up as well as Collingwood. How was the game izzy? Must have been good to see a win. I reckon I saw some good things by the Eagles in that game. There were so many numbers and faces I didnt recognise. That 46 fooled me for a bit as well. :p Lucksta, did you pick against the Eagles? If so, you didnt get 9, again. :D

Have a great day everyone!!!

17. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I know my tipping wasn't great this week! I was surprised with North, Richmond and Collingwood! Essendon got schooled *#) Don't know what happened there.

I was at the eagles game, not a bad game to watch! Close enough to keep it interesting. And yep 46 got me too. They played pretty well but had some massive uncoordinated moments! Did you see Embley run into the pole? And a few of them smacked into the barriers hard!

Beautiful weather on the weekend, but supposed to be raining Mon-Thu this week now. Wish it could just rain at nights

18. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Popping back in to say HIIIIIIIIII!

@)

19. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

izzy, Embley got pushed into the post. Saw it on replay. Funny how when the Eagles supporters booed Watson, they were the worst supporters in the league, but when Collingwood supporters did the same, the silence from the commentators was deafening.

Hi GR, havent been in here for a while !!!!

20. Lucksta

I only got 5 out of 9!!! Officially my first weekend of tipping EVER.

How was anyone meant to pick that North would beat the Cats (checked our work ladder, out of 97 people not 1 person picked it).

And Lions beating Hawks!!! and by so much. CRAZY. I also picked Carlton over Freo, & Bombers over the Pies :( Poo!!