A.P.S.B classes PERTH ROYAL

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by OBHH, Jun 19, 2008.

1. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

For all the A.P.S.B ppl going to the Royal, i recieved this today after i sent an email to them regarding the joining of the stallion/geld classes saying how disappointed i and many other ppl were and the response i got was................
    Thank you for your correspondence regarding the APSB Classes for the 2008 IGA Perth Royal Show

We note that you are disappointed in the classes scheduled for the APSB Section for the 2008 IGA Perth Royal Show. However we were informed that a rationalization of the classes was to take place across all livestock sections of the show, due to educed numbers of entries received in the past few years in some classes.

The Breed Working Party was instructed to delete and or amalgamate classes which have not been well supported, unfortunately due to the lateness in which the Working Party was instructed to make these changes to the classes there was no time for consultation with the Breed Societies, and after lengthy debate the Working Party decided to go with an Age split, for the Male Classes. It is the working Party’s belief that your judge is well qualified to be able to make the right decision in his placement of awards.

The Stewards and Marshals will be instructed to ensure the safety of competitors as much as possible in the arena. All horses/ponies are together in the marshaling area and are also together with all sections of the APSB while marshaling for and during the Grand Parade.

As we note from the APSB Constitution mares and stallions are unable to compete in the ridden competition against each other, to comply with this ruling
    The ridden classes will be split as follows;
    Class 24 Ridden Mare or Gelding & Class 25 Ridden Stallion (APSB Australian)
    Class 36 Ridden Mare or Gelding & Class 36a Ridden Stallion (APSB Shetland)

We hope we have your understanding and support for the difficult decisions we have had to make for the 2008 IGA Perth Royal Show and look forward to your continued participation in this and future years.

Yours faithfully

Tara Della Bosca
    Section Coordinator
    On behalf of the Breed Working Party
    The Royal Agricultural Society of Western Australia (Inc)
    IGA Perth Royal Show 2008 from Saturday 27th September to Saturday 4th October
    Tel: 08 9525 0790
    Email: hturner@raswa.org.au
    Perth Royal Show | Home
    Royal Agruicultural Society of Western Australia

To serve & enrich the people of Western Australia by showcasing the resources & endeavours of its people
    So it basically said that it was done in a hurry and with NO consultation with the breed societies!!!!!!!!!!!! Why couldnt they have left it another year and sorted it out properly for next year.??? They still are saying about the lack of numbers again and its funny how one breed ,that had good numbers supporting last year, got reduced classes and the other breeds got left as is???????
    :confused: :confused:

2. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Havent we had this discussion about 3 times now?

Unfortunately that is the way it is and no amount of ranting and raving is going to have the programme changed for the 2008 Royal. So lets all just get along with it this year and perhaps once the show is over you can write your opinions and feelings to your relevant breed societies and they can on their members behalf contact the RAS and express their concerns for their members and HOPEFULLY, something will be done about it PROPERLY for next years royal. :)*

3. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Unfortunately I agree with Cav, they will not even look at changing it for this years royal, even if they had plenty of numbers, which i doubt they will get. The best everyone can do is get the WA Branch of their breed societys to contact the RAS about it.

The WAAHA have done the same thing at their state champs which is also very disappointing for some members competing on their gelding against stallions. If the stallions are good quality they are very hard to put a gelding over. The last two times I have shown an entire at the Arab State Champs he has been in with all the Geldings.

4. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Yep OBHH I have to agree.

Regardless of what others say I have huge numbers of complaints regarding this issue and many that have decided to not bother taking out their stud animals to compete against non breeding stock.

Don't worry though APSB are even now drafting letters to get the classes changed for next year even if it is only colts/stallions any age and gelding any age :(

5. Aussie Ponies

Sorry to hijack this - am I correct in thinking that my registered Aussie pony can compete in the part welsh and the connie classes under his aussie registration for the Royal? Just filling in the entries now....

6. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

Okay im hijacking too :)

Arylin im just checking but can bickie be shown in any breed classes as hes only part bred?? If so what one? Just thought id double check- were just doing the pally classes at the moment :D

7. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

If you have multiple registrations you have to pick which ones you want to comepete in , you can only compete as one of the registrations#( As fas as I am aware it is the only show this happens at. Their are part Welsh classes for ponies who are reg part welsh or Part APSB, not sure on the Aussie or Connie regs:)

8. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Sorry Goodie I have to correct you there.
    To show in the Part Welsh or Part bred Connie class the pony needs to have APSB papers that note they are Part Welsh or Part Connie.
    General Part Bred Papers will not to my knowledge be accepted for these classes as they do not state what part bred rego the pony is.
    The Royal does not currently cater for any other part bred APSB ponies except the welsh and Conies.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  9. Golden Biscuit

K so just stick with the pally?? lol thanks guys :)

10. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

I wasnt ranting and raving Cav:( , i was just purely posting the reply i got to my email (that i sent weeks ago at the very beginning of all this whohar.) so everyone who it concerns could see what their reply was.

11. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

KDA your pony can only compete in his Aussie classes on his Australian pony rego.
    If you wish to do Part Welsh or Connie classes then you would need seperate rego papers with the WP&CS for your Part Welsh and CPBSA for your Part Connie as your pony can only have one registration within a breed Society.

12. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

OBHH everyone from the APSB that wrote in has it appears been sent the same stock standard letter.
    I have also been advised that we no longer have a Junior Champion CLass in either the Aussies or the Shetlands due to apparently not enough entries warranting the presentation of such a prestigious award :(
    Interesting that any other breed can get a supreme or champion with very few entries but we can't be awarded a Junior champion when we have had quite a few junior exhibits over the last few years.

I'm sure those that think we are ranting and raving would be doing the exact same thing if it was happening to the Welsh or riding pony classes.

13. Golden Biscuit

:)) :)) Agreed :)) :))

14. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

EXACTLY Neryl.;)

15. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

I didn't realise that there was general Part bred, sorry:( Goods state this his Sire is Welsh..so if I wanted to he could show part welsh at the Royal:confused:

16. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Goodie until recently all APSB papers simply stated Part Bred.
    Now you can nominate the part bred registry you want so your papers will state Part Bred Welsh, Part Bred Conemarra Etc.
    I think but am not positive that the RAS will require the rego papers to state the actual part bred that you are.
    IE you could have a welsh sire and a connie dam so which part bred section are you.

17. Cav

Cav Gold Member

I am of the understanding that to enter in the part welsh you have to carry a Welsh Pony and Cob Society registration and the APSB registration was only for APSB covered classes/sections and does NOT cover part welsh.

18. Cav

Cav Gold Member

As for the ranting and raving comment, I was merely stating that is doesnt matter how much ANYONE carries on about this years programme it will NOT CHANGE! It wasnt a personal attack thanks. And I for one agree that the decisions made to combine classes should have been dealt with in an entirely different manner so I am on your side!:D

19. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

So they have changed the ridden classes from the advertised schedule :confused:

Bugger, I sent Noah's in on the off chance he would be ready to compete under saddle (off lead), assuming that his class would be quite small as it was 12.2hh and under. Now his class is likely to contain all of the ridden Aussies since I didn't think any stallions are under saddle in WA atm :(

20. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Mirawee....what do you mean the ridden classes have changed???:confused: