A critique, please?

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by TB4Me, Nov 29, 2007.

1. TB4Me

TB4Me Well-known Member

Hi everyone,
    If anyone has the time, I would love some conformational critiques on the horse below. Be as critical as you like, he's not young, he's not a hack and he's not likely to get sold so my main reasons for asking are for my own education and so I can look out for any potential problems that might need managing. From my own very limited experience, I can spot that he has a boofy head, a long thin neck, an odd loin attachment (although that's hard to see with pony ears growing out of it) and a wither like a shark fin. Apologies for the bad photo quality, I don't have a proper camera at the moment. He's also a bit underweight, which is improving slowly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

Looks like a sweetheart....neck doesn't come out of the wither very well but lack of top line would contribute to that :)

3. TB4Me

TB4Me Well-known Member

Thanks, he's very sweet. He's basically a giant accident-prone hyperactive stuffed toy :)
    I probably should have mentioned, he isn't in work and hasn't been for a while (due to injury!)

4. safs_mum

safs_mum Well-known Member

Awww...whats wrong with him?

5. TB4Me

TB4Me Well-known Member

He came back from lease in pretty poor condition (it wasn't the girl's fault really, she did try but he's not an easy keeper), then promptly got a huge gash in his back leg/hip which got infected. When that started to look under control he got a really bad abcess in his front foot. Good thing it was on the opposite front foot or maybe he would have fallen over :)
    Did I mention he's accident prone??
    He's almost sound again though, so I'm hopefully going to start doing more stuff with him soon. Unless he hurts himself again.

6. Jess&Sabby

Jess&Sabby Well-known Member

lol touch wood touch wood haha no more injuries please mr bart haha

7. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

how is minstrel doing? i spy him behind the big fella :D

8. TB4Me

TB4Me Well-known Member

Hehe thanks Jess, I think I'll be touching every bit of wood I can find.
    Hi OH, the short answer is fat :) Like a pinto beachball. He's doing well, between the two of them they keep me so well entertained!

9. Haulix

Haulix Well-known Member

He looks like a easy going man! looks good, like you said needs weight but other than that i dont see any problems? Oh how is bart going?

10. Haulix

Haulix Well-known Member

ok excuse me just read and realised it was bart! wow he looks alot different when he was at hunter brook a while ago!

11. TB4Me

TB4Me Well-known Member

Hi Haulix,
    Yep he looks much better when he's in work, although keeping any kind of weight on him is always a struggle. I remember he particularly liked the minis at Hunter Brook, they were like free range chickens :)

12. ashka

ashka Well-known Member

I wondered how Bart was doing!!! Gee, he's changed colour but sweet as ever. Give him and the Big M a carrot and pat for me. x

13. TB4Me

TB4Me Well-known Member

Hey Jade,
    Thanks for that, I certainly will. Actually, if Harley is still as....generous as ever, perhaps some kind of reverse liposuction could be organised??