900,000 yearling.. cheapest horse care????

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by mzgtr, Jan 7, 2009.

1. milzenzab

milzenzab Active Member

My girlfriend has the biggiest quaintine fac for T/Breds in QLD. I can tell you know that these buggers are looked after better than anything else. The horses are watched like hawks. And are veted every week while there. Magic million time now in QLD and they will have at least 150 t/breds come through before they leave for N.Z. And I can tell you now that with even that many horses there at the one time, each horse is looked after with a very watchful eye. So I am sure that ot may not be as common as you might think it is.

2. misskel

misskel Well-known Member

All I can say is that if you think the horses you are seeing not being looked after properly are in real danger of being neglected, then ring the stewards please. Simple as that. There are a thousand other places you can get a job so if need be do something about it and find a better, more horse friendly employer:)*

3. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Did I say where I work.. No...

4. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

So, you can still ring the stewards?

5. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Why would I ring the stewards not where I work....

A lot of people do not see what happens behind closed doors. With any industry not just racing....

6. misskel

Whats mentioning where you work have to do with the price of tea in China!!!! If you are concerned then do something about it if not then dont post about it cos that really makes no sense to me!!!!! I'm a racehorse trainer and I'm pretty sure that my horses are treated like royalty!!!! And thats how it should be so if you think that your horses you work with aren't then do them a favour!!!!!

7. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Why is everyone getting so upset I have not mentioned in my post anything about my work so stop mentioning my work...

My work does a great job with breaking in. Is training a lot of stables yearlings and a lot of big stables we have over 60 horse's at our stable. Numbers speak for themselves....

8. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

I'm just asking question to see what other people say. You can't tell me racing industry has a clean cut image... Majority of people put a black mark against it does not mean its true but why don't people mention all the good stuff about it....

9. Lasix

Lasix New Member

I also would recommend attending a course.

If finances are a problem there are a lot of cheap options for learning out there. I started learning about horse care by volunteering with the Riding for the Disabled association - this is free instruction for you and doing good for the community at the same time. Tafe is also very reasonably priced (and flexible - you can attend evening classes if you work during the day and you can choose which units you wish to learn more about). Plus with Tafe courses, you'll get an actual qualification which proves you have passed the unit - great if you want to pursue a career in the horse industry.

I would never describe a course as a "waste of money". I think most horse people are of the opinion that no matter how experienced you are you never stop learning. Do some research on the subject - there are heaps of great courses out there and you WILL enjoy the chance to learn.

Remember what you learn will benefit your horses (and yourself through a better relationship with them) - how can you put a price on that?

10. misskel

Places this post and its contents in the TOO HARD BASKET!!!

No idea what you are on about mzgtr......

11. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

I don't need to attend a course I have learnt a lot of my job. The only course I would attend would be something to do with horse diseases / illness something like that.

I don't see the point in attending a course about how to handle a horse that just comes with on hand experience. If I have trouble handling horse I will just have to deal with it when the problem arises not going to kill the horse but an illness will so I see learning about that aspects of horse's is worth while

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  12. Spider n Toby

You can still ring the stewards REGARDLESS if you work for them or not?

Your the only one that keeps bringing up your work, if you think the horses arn't being looked after - RING THE STEWARDS it's not that hard!

13. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Please tell me where I have brought up my work in this post.....

14. Spider n Toby

Umm go back a page? No one said anything about your work till you said it!

15. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

All I can say is that if you think the horses you are seeing not being looked after properly are in real danger of being neglected, then ring the stewards please. Simple as that. There are a thousand other places you can get a job so if need be do something about it and find a better, more horse friendly employer

Above is indicating my work place is not nice horse place

16. Spider n Toby

She is pointing out that you can ring the stewards if the horses you see are being "neglected". Also wasn't there a few threads that you started where you said how your work does this wrong, and this etc.

Mzgtr - It REALLY isn't that hard. If you happen to believe the horses arn't being looked after..... R I N G T H E S T E W A R D S

17. QH Rulz

QH Rulz Well-known Member

i believe we all assume you are talking about your workplace due to previous threads started by you regarding your workplace..... ever thought of that...

18. Spider n Toby

Exactly QH!

19. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Ok.... If I see anything I will ring the stewards even though i have no idea how I would even go about doing that.

I have never said anything to bad about my work place just some things are a little over the top and sometimes people do just lose their cool. In general it is a good place and majority of the horse's are very well manner I have anything against it only a few issues nothing major. i believe its a fantestic plave to work for apart from the stress because we have so many horse's work...

20. mzgtr

mzgtr Well-known Member

Well I was not talking about my workplace. I was only making a topic that is very sensitive because there are various thoughts about the racing industry....