??????????????

Discussion in 'Colour Questions' started by mineees, Mar 2, 2011.

1. mineees

mineees Gold Member

if any one has piks of their foals from birth that are silver,can you post them.I dont know what colour our new baby is???Silver Dun or Red Dun???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Colour shcmulller :p She can only be labelled as ADORABLEEEEEE.

3. mineees

mineees Gold Member

hehehe yep I agree totally...thanks...I was sure red dun but shes just so different to our other red dun baby.but i guess they are not all the same.:)

4. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

Voting for silver dun**)....cos I g**gled dun foals and that was the closest match...lol ;)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  5. mineees

mineees Gold Member

I thought red dun at first glance, but then went to silver and now Im not sure.Do all chestnuts/red duns have pink skin around theier eyes at birth? Thunder did,dokey did and other stockies chestnuts have...:)

6. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

What colour are her feet & eyes? Silvers often have stripey feet and blue eyes.

If she is a red dun you'll need to have her silver tested anyway to see if she carries it.

7. mineees

mineees Gold Member

Hi Janet, she has dark eyes,and it looks like two hooves have a thin black line in them.I havnt had stripey hoofs before from babies,so dont know how they look on new babies.Its a thin black line that goes from top to almost bottom, but it looks weird as it looks like its under the hoof surface...:)

8. mineees

mineees Gold Member

I look at her and think Red Dun,then I have another look and think nope...';'';'';'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. mineees

mineees Gold Member

10. Kate O

Kate O New Member

I don't think she is red based. I don't have a lot of experience with silver composites, but I would say maybe silver or silver dun.

Very cute mare and foal, Mineees :)

11. kcr1971

kcr1971 Active Member

dunno about the colour, but Id like to have her as a cuddly soft toy. She's adorable...:)

12. Tintara

Tintara Well-known Member

I'm leaning towards silver too. Possibly bay silver dun.

13. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Agreed! Doesn't quite look red based, and colour is similar to other silver bays I have seen :)

14. mineees

mineees Gold Member

cool thanks guys...Darren thought that too...:)

15. minimo

minimo Active Member

I would say not red enough so definately thinking silver.

16. carol51

carol51 Well-known Member

whatever she turns into she will always be as cute as a button

17. mineees

mineees Gold Member

melody today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

She is cute :)

Have you had her DNA tested yet?

19. mineees

mineees Gold Member

only for Dun, we are going to do colour next week,we have a few do for colour.This will give us her base colour then.:))