$70m water fun park for Bullsbrook!

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Murray, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

[imgleft]http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/130405/050413genmaze1_18ltqs3-18ltqs8.jpg[/imgleft]
    A $70 million water park featuring high-speed thrill rides and state-of-art water slides is to be built in Perth's north-eastern suburbs.

In one of the most significant tourist attraction developments in WA in decades, the park will sit on 4ha as part of The Maze Fun Park in Bullsbrook.

$70m water fun park for Perth - The West Australian

cheers

2. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

We drove past the maze last weekend and were stunned at the number of people there. This would be a great place for such a park.

3. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Seriously?? I hope they run with the recycled water! I wonder where the volume of water is going to come from in the interim? Another aquifer :blink:

4. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Where does Adventure World source it's water?

5. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Probably Mundaring Weir....but if we all cut back on lawn-watering...we can keep Adventure World going *#)

6. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

This pic I've seen is very far removed from admin's example. I hope this picture doesn't represent $70millon???

[​IMG]

7. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

We don't need another water park, already adventure world which is so expensive but we need a theme park!!! Rides etc :)

8. Spider n Toby

And why bullsbrook? Haha if its aimed for kids/Teens etc it will
    Need to be somewhere with better public transport

9. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Or needs to be like Waterbom Park with a massive shopping centre across the road for bored Mums :p

10. Spider n Toby

Haha yes!!! And maybe a pub for the bored dads

11. HexTerminator

HexTerminator New Member

that pic wattle looks like adventure world LOL
    I think its good to give adventure world a run for its money and maybe we might get a good water park.
    I love water parks

12. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

If you read the article, it says that it will be built in stages over 10 years. That picture that Wattle showed will be stage one, expected to be finished by December this year, also that stage is expected to only use the same amount of water as a backyard swimming pool.

13. Lucksta

Lucksta Well-known Member

Adventure World is closely monitored by the water corp.
    They recycle a lot of water around the grounds, and have lots of steps in place to reduce wastage from splashing and evaporation.

Definitely agree with Spid that they do need to service the area with Public Transport if the park is to be successful.

14. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

I was at the maze on Friday and you can see the works have well and truly started for this.

15. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

The Maze seems to do pretty well already without public transport so the water park should survive. Adventure World isn't exactly conveniently located either and it does alright.

16. Lucksta

Lucksta Well-known Member

Adventure world is great for public transport :)
    If you're coming from Mandurah you can hop off at either Cockburn, or Murdoch and hop on the bus for 10 minutes.
    If you're coming from Fremantle way you can hop on another bus at Freo which drops you directly in front of AW **)

I always get a season pass for xmas and usually train/bus it there so I don't have to worry about parking.

17. Spider n Toby

Do many teenagers go to the maze without parents?? ( I don't know what the maze even is )

The only way I can think to get there is midland station then bus?

18. Lin

Lin Well-known Member

Adventure World is a cut lunch and a water bag trip for anyone north of the river. For people within cooee of Joondalup and far northern suburbs, the Maze is relatively handy (down Neaves Rd).

Should be good. I'll go to the Bullsbrook waterpark for sure! Love water slides. :D