3 horse straight load floats

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by needanswers, Nov 25, 2012.

1. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

I was looking at a 3 horse straight load and wondered whether I could covert one of the bays into a tack storage bay?? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd probably make it the left hand side bay...

2. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Mmm probably not the wisest idea on earth as from memory the bays of a three horse float are narrower than a normal two horse straight load float.

The other option would be to convert it to a double angle load and put a tack box up the front section. I think someone on this forum has done just that actually which is probably where I get that idea from.

3. needanswers

Good idea!!:))

4. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

5. needanswers

Ha that's awesome. There are a few 3 horse angles and 3 horse straights up for sale..... was wanting a float big enough to tow a TB and a mini with my gear in it but without the lovely price tag associated with the new floats. Wanted to custom reno an older one for my use....

6. Bruce the Goose

Bruce the Goose Well-known Member

Thats my float :)

Still have it even though we have brought a truck and gooseneck for the long trips to Perth. Just use the float for around town now.

The float was converted to a two horse & 1 pony angle load before we brought it but we removed the pony bay at the front and put in the rug & saddle racks. Fits everything up the front quite easily and fits large TB's. Have used it for 16.2 1/2hh TB and also a very long solid TB.

Cheers Tracey