2013 Foals

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lokenzo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Good luck Tarz!

I was supposed to have 1 more to go with Gemma to Andaman but unfortunately somewhere along the way she has slipped or the 45 day scan was wrong... I saw the 16 day scan with my own eyes so I know she was in foal at that point but different vet out at stud did the 45 so not sure. Either way, I have my one and only foal for the season, lucky for me she is an absolute cracker!

Larnie is so in your pocket, this was the best I could do for a photo the other night as she kept following me. I then wrapped my arms around her neck and scratched her wither while she had her shed over my shoulder, she quite liked that thanks!

Larnie is 37.5% Friesian, the rest Thoroughbred by my stallion. She is my first foal! So excited about getting her out next year :D She is 6 weeks old today and losing her foal coat around her eyes and muzzle.

[​IMG]

2. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

We have 4 on the ground, 3 ASH the oldest 5 months(born in june- 6 weeks prem)- Pali colt
    Buckskin filly 4 months
    Pali QH filly 3 months
    Buckskin ASH filly 1 month

and one more due next month
    QH X ASH

3. mysticmoondancer04

mysticmoondancer04 Well-known Member

Foaling season is over for me.
    I had 3 Arabian Pony mares in foal to Sarahn Sensation.
    First mare, Maraahn El Shamae foaled a Palomino colt just over 2 weeks early
    Second mare, Suegarrie Sophisticate foaled a Palominino filly just under 2 weeks early on the same night the first mare foaled
    Last mare, Baraynop Najique Cascade foaled a Palomino colt just over a week early

Really wrapped with all 3 babies :wub: Will post some pics soon once I get pb working properly

Congrats everyone on all their gorgeous babies!

4. mysticmoondancer04

mysticmoondancer04 Well-known Member

Sorry if pics are a bit big! Photo bucket wasnt co-operating with me today
    Sarahn Sensation x Maraahn El Shamae - MV Dreams of Gold (Bailey)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sarahn Sensation x Suegarrie Sophisticate - MV Sensationelle (Ellie)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sarahn Sensation x Barayno Najique Cascade - MV Zensational (Marley)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Lilly had her foal yesterday morning, 10 days early, showed no signs and someone happened to walk out the door and saw her lay down, gave birth on her own with no assistance and foal and mum are both well.

She had a filly :D with 3 long socks and a unique blaze, chestnut.

Still deciding on a name, she is a little rascal though, only a few hours old and already running away from mum and into everything, comes up to people for cuddles, Lilly is being a brilliant mummy. Couldn't be happier!

Photos to come

6. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

7. Congratulations!**):)) Look how leggy she is!:D

8. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

She's gorgeous Tara!! A girl AND bling!! Perfection!! :)

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

She is too cute Tarz, you have to be thrilled with her!

I got some more photos of Larnie yesterday, 7 weeks old today. I told Sporty if she had a bay filly I was going to stuff it back but seriously, how do you stuff this back? Super sweet and friendly, couldn't have asked for anymore!

She looks moth eaten around her face now as her foal coat is falling out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shame her chest is so narrow :p *sarcasm*
    [​IMG]

10. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Some updated photos of Ruby, just over 2 weeks old now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has nooo fear, not even a week old here
    [​IMG]

11. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

I'm still waiting for my one and only foal as I lost one of my broodies earlier in the year - due Xmas day :dry:

12. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

Ruby will be 4 weeks old on Tuesday - time flies! She had her first float trip yesterday which was 1 hour 45 mins and she travelled like a super star, and couldn't care less she was in a new place. So chilled like her mumma.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. sarahb87

sarahb87 New Member

My little guy 13 weeks old sire: Tassa Lena Dam: ev red rose of texas( acres destiny fourtyniner doc granddaughter.

Cash (sorry for so many pics )
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Tarz you gotta be happy with that filly!

My Friesian Warmblood filly Larnie was 11 weeks yesterday, can't beleive she is nearly 3 months old already! Her foal coat is coming out so she looks so moth eaten but she is definitely brown, not bay under there!

So smitten with her, she is a keeper for sure. She is so bold and takes everything in her stride. She walked out with her mum straight into the vet when her mum was being scanned and then went straight on the float like a champ. She also was so good having her feet done for the first time this week. Couldn't ask any more from her!

Here she is at around 10 weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]