2013 Foals

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lokenzo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

So who has what due this coming breeding season!!!??

We have had an amazing 2012 breeding season with Kit's first foal born. I will have to get some updated photos but he is losing his foal coat now and definitely going grey.

We have also been busy getting mares in foal.

Lokenzo Park have 3 due (first foals ever for us!) and there is a total of 6 mares due that are in foal to Kit. We are absolutely thrilled to say he has a 100% success rate on mares in foal on the first cycle this season!

So, we have on the way our bay Thoroughbred mare 'Fittingly' who is in foal to Kit. This foal is due 21 September and is already spoken for. The foal will be Friesian Warmblood.

Next up we have another bay Thoroughbred mare 'Don't Tell Erin' who is in foal to the gorgeous crabbet stallion 'Andaman.' This foal will be Anglo Arab and will be a keeper.

Finally we have Luke's lovely brown Thoroughbred mare "LP Exclusive/Lapelle Rouge" in foal to the stunning black Thoroughbred stallion 'Baron of Buchlyvie' who is also the sire of our yearling Thoroughbred filly. This foal will also be a keeper.

Good luck to everyone for this coming breeding season, I hope its a successful one for you all :)

2. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

OMG Lokenzo do you own Don't Tell Erin?? I used to work with her.. she's my favourite tb ever (apart from Fitz). I had no idea where she'd gone.. wanted to take her home but obviously I don't breed so she wouldn't have been much use for me.. she's such a sweetheart though..
    can you tell I'm excited? Hope she makes a lovely foal for you :)

Pics please!!

3. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

Ive got one due, Mare is Leanda Idle Gossip she is in foal to Oakvale serenade, ive ordered a filly with some chrome. All her other 3 have been chestnuts or livers so i will assume it will be one again. now for the waiting game......

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I look forward to Kit's foals Lokenzo Park. :)

Most likely none for me. ;)
    Sad but in reality - a good thing. Mares need a break, i need a break & market is flooded.
    If i do, it'll be 2 Mini foals, to be retained if fillies & if i get a quality colt (out of 1 of those 2 mares), i'll keep.
    Stallion is Full American, 31.25" Palomino Tobiano Mini Horse & the mare's are: 36" Black Pintaloosa (Sabino) Small Horse & 33" Palomino. :)
    Funny, not just deceased numbers, but heights too... nice having more time for my family & myself. ;)

Will only breed the 1 foal for 2014 (maybe a Mini again for a repeat of my amazing 2012 filly), foal will be Arabian Pony/Pt Welsh, could be Dilute, could go Grey. But will be something else. :wub:

5. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

Only one for us Revelwood Fiesta is in foal to Lord Deniro - available for sale and can be booked in utero (once 45 days test is returned positive). Her foal this year was awesome so can't wait to meet this next one.

My Figaro mare Fruition is having a year off.

6. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

Big season for our stallions with many visiting mares so lots of foals due for clients again...some very high class mare came to all of them so Im looking forward to seeing what they all produce.

We had some very difficult mares too 'thrown' our way, that had been deemed "impossible breeders" by some vets but thankfully with my team of great vets/repro techs/myself and the stallions we have nailed all but one of these pain in the proverbial mares!! Its been a really tough season but it goes to show if you have the right team plus a little bit of luck anything can be possible......you just never know:)

But it will be the first year ever in 15 yrs of breeding warmbloods I haven't bred anything myself. Market not there and I dont need anymore to run on.
    My mares thankfully are very young still so it doesn't matter giving them a year or two off.....

7. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

My TB maiden mare is due 29th of November, she is in foal to Trussardi (Imported German Riding Pony) and excited is an understatement..so glad the year is going quick :D

8. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

Good choice....I like him alot**)

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Hey Myyky, yes she is enjoying broodmare life now :) I have only leased her for the season but look forward to seeing the foal she gives me!

Sounds like there is going to be some lovely foals, good luck everyone!!

10. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

We have 7 due this year, 5 to our stallion Springdale Solitaire, cremello ASH.
    3x purebred ASH
    1x Tb x ASH
    1x QH x ASH

1x purebred QH foal due by white hot nitro
    1x anglo/qh by arabec extravanganza

6 dilutes and one possible pinto!

11. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

NOTHING!

But my big baby girl is having her first baby due August, she is out on lease and as excited I am about her having a baby I am more excited about her spitting it out and coming home to me afterward LOL
    Foal will be a dilute Arabian Pony/Part Welsh
    Woranora Tempest (cremello Welsh A) x Krystelle Park Kaaees (bay Arabian Pony)

12. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

i'm breeding for a few keeper foals this year too and my OH is pretty happy about breeding our first TB foal this year which his keeper ... he's already picked the name

i'm also expecting my first foals from Virtual Gold in September so looking forward to seeing what he produces

GA Bette Midler QH x White Hot Nitro QH due August 2013 palomino or buckskin foal
    Lil Miss Frosty QH x An Obsession (IMP) QH due Sept 2013 palomino or buckskin foal
    Diplomat ASB x Virtual Gold QH due Sept 2013 buckskin foal
    My Special Obsession QH x Virtual Gold QH due Sept 2013 palomino or buckskin foal
    Bananas ASB x Virtual Gold QH due Nov 2013 palomino foal
    Larrapinda Lil Smarty QH x Virtual Gold QH due Nov 2013 palomno,buckskin,cremello or perlino foal
    Fimdal ASB x Famous Roman ASB due Dec 2013 ASB foal
    Extreme Caution QH x Imperial Gold Reign QH due Dec 2013 palomino, chesnut, or cremello foal

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  13. seedytoe

seedytoe Well-known Member

Welsh Mountain Ponies...
    Trefynwy Parc Pwysi x Shalida Park Fable. due Aug 16
    Jamiru Sophie x Shalida Park Fable. due Aug 23
    Trefynwy Parc Pabi x Shalida Park Fable. due Jan 22 2014
    Pabi (Poppy) has just been scanned positive, just have to keep her pregnant - she has failed to carry for each of the last three attempts over 3 years. Possible infection so treating with antibiotics under vet supervision. Fingers crossed - I have a very soft spot for this furkid. Oh, and an order has been put in for as many palomino babies as possible, preferably fillies please!

14. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

Not breeding this year. All I have ever wanted was a well conformed pinto or a paint. I have failed to breed one. I have bred a few lovely foals but they have been solids, so I'm going to buy instead.

15. We will have 6 foals by Tru Blu Texan (imp) out of:
    My Destinys Sexy (Acres Destiny)
    Sheeza Fast Kid(imp) (Fast Smash SI 111 track record holder)
    Coliban Good Asset(iiu) (Zippos Mr Goos Bar, US Leading Sire)
    Coliban Plenty Good(iiu) (Zippos Mr Goos Bar, US Leading Sire) prebooked
    Coliban Thirty Eight Spin (Spin On Command)
    YLS Sculptured (Ima Cool Seeker) foal is prebooked by GR:D

We breed a tall, correct, solid type of a working QH, with a possibility of a roaning factor as a bonus.**) oh and they are pretty too!:p

16. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

i really like your YSL Sculptured mare good choice GR :D

17. How did you end up with Extreme Caution, nklpark?:D

18. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Haven't heard a bad word about this mare yet :)

19. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Coliban don't shoot me :wub: but found this photo yesterday GR your foal will have a top sire, goodness look at my tummy back then :eek:
    [​IMG]
    :rockon:

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

I will have to get my foal fix through the forums as I also decided that with the current market it wasn't worth breeding particularly as I have enough "keepers" in my paddock already ROFL. Doubt I will breed next year what with going to WEG 2014 so will have lots of time to plan :p