2013 Foal Updates!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lokenzo, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Well I have been thoroughly enjoying watching my little Larnie grow and her personality to develop and very, very happy with this filly! She leads, floats, worms and stands nicely for the farrier. Luke even had a 2nd play at 'inhand' showing practice with her last week and she trotted out and stood up like a little pro!

I also hope Dark Embrace doesn't mind me posting a couple of photos of her beautiful little filly also by Kit here. Dory is absolutely gorgeous and a credit to Dark Embrace also leading, being bathed, having her feet done etc.

Kit is stamping all of his babies but the thing I love most about all of them is they have the most lovely trainable temperament!!!!

Larnie (5 months)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Love this knee and hock action, future dressage champion!
    [​IMG]

And Dark Embrace's beautiful Dory (6 1/2 months)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

Doesn't surprise me!

Kit had my squeeling, bitchy mare cantering his fence line when I was there and he was too busy eating his hay to care - he's one chilled out dood!

Larnie is looking fantastic! Is Dory out of a TB mare?

3. I love Dory's action!:)* they are beautiful babies, Lokenzo!**)
    Huge congrats!:)

4. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Must be soo exciting seeing Kit's foals grow up.
    You'd have to be very proud of them all. :)

5. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

New update today!

sorry, another proud Mum moment coming up! Took my first home bred baby (Larnie) to her first show today. It was the first time also any progeny of our stallion has been shown as the oldest are just weanlings. We had an AMAZING day!!! Larnie was sashed Supreme Champion Friesian Warmblood but to boot, she went out into a class of 19 youngstock of different breeds for the Top Youngstock in Show and was called forward into the Top 6 over some lovely much older stock (and even a purebred), she was actually the only weanling called up! The judge commented on how beautifully well handled she is and we have done such a great job with her, very proud of her and especially her amazing temperament. Can't wait to see what the future holds for her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I love how the judge is looking at her in that first photo! Captured it perfectly!! They are both gorgeous.

7. lorradaux

lorradaux New Member

Nice to see some lovely babies growing up :)

Here is my 5 month old Welsh D x Riding Pony colt - Tuathan Golden Montage (Monty) as a baby and now. So proud of how he is turning out! Weaning time soon though poor little man

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lorradaux

lorradaux New Member

And him with his beautiful mumma St Claires Allure (RP)

[​IMG]

9. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

love bis blaze Lorradaux! Very cute :)

10. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

Here is my Lord Deniro colt foal Leo and his mum.

He is a fantastic little fellow. Here he is around day 2

[​IMG]

And here at about 2 1/2 months

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  11. Lovely babies!
    Foxleigh:D what would be Agouti status of your foal? Have you tested him?

12. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

Hi Coliban - I have tested him and he will be grey like mum although right now he is back to being black so it might take a long time for him to grey out. He is also PSSM 1 negative.

Cheers

13. GoWelshCobs

GoWelshCobs Well-known Member

Whoa crazy colour change

14. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Foxleigh I just love what your boy is producing. You must be thrilled!

Very VERY happy! My little filly at her second show (she won Supreme at her first and Top 6 Youngstock from 19!) took out Supreme Friesian Warmblood again out of 6 quality horses but then also went on to win Best Foal In Show at the recent Bibs and Booties!!! Can't put into words how much I love my little girl.

3 of Kit's babies were there and all of them did their dad proud, all lovely babies and all exceptionally well behaved for such little ones, they put some of the older ones to shame.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

But... 2.5 mo and he's already like that? Just.
    Wow.

Also, Larnie you superstar you!

16. realalvin

realalvin New Member

Such a huge boy!!!!!