2009 Pre Royal Show

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by mudslide, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

I have been watching the weather like a hawk, and i don't believe we are going to get rain Sunday, they say a few showers in the morning which means it probably won't but they will tell us that just incase it does....should all be good Remanni...now convince croft LOL:p

2. yer maree4 charlie1 and i have been like scoping all the weather internet sitees LOL

and i beleive there may be like a few tiny showers through the day if that!
    :D

hope that it indeed ends up being gorgeous weather :)*

3. KBS

KBS Well-known Member

My daughter has to work today so I get to wash her pony. Toots is not going to love me. At least if it is not raining tomorrow she won't be complaining about that all day. Just it's cold, i'm hungry, i'm bored, i'm tired. Looking forward to it though.

4. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

Gees, my mares gone through a fence and now has a swollen leg. Might not be able to make it tomorow. Darn! I was so looking forward to it!

5. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Damn raining here again if I dont get to wash him we wont be going!:mad:

6. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Wow Party, we have only had a couple of light showers! Diva and Nova have their rugs off getting grotty since the forecast for the next week is rain LOL.

7. Its Party Time

Its been peeing down here then the sun comes out and then it pours again!
    I have decided he is going and he can stand in the rain to get washed:D

8. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

That's the spirit! See you tomorrow **)

9. my pony is washed :)
    will get plaited after my lesson with kiley :D

10. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

Mudslide - I know you will kill me but the cats out of the bag - so
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate, hope everyone is extra nice to you for organising the show and hope you have a great day ! :))

11. mudslide

mudslide Well-known Member

Hmmm yes I will kill you Sorrel when I see you next *#)
    Thanks mate, but I cant see that happening lol

12. Pinto Lover

Pinto Lover Well-known Member

Just looked at the program again but not going to go this year, just dont feel up to it. Goodluck everyone going, dont forget pic's **)

13. Its Party Time

Party is all washed & plaited but point blank refused for me to do his ears & Muzzle! Then came out in little lumps all over his chest! Will check him later and in the morning if they are still there we will be staying home :eek:

14. Moondust

Moondust Well-known Member

Oh no! Hope he is ok. Hope to see you there tomorrow.

Rusty all washed and plaited too! worked stunning today, so lets hope he does the same tomorrow :)

15. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Oh bugga IPT :( !...fingers crossed all is ok to go in the morning.

Just wishing everone a great day tomorrow ! have fun & enjoy.

Cheers
    Lee

16. Lexie

Lexie Well-known Member

Codas ready :)

17. Razzie

Razzie Well-known Member

My two are ready.....think i may have to re wash a tail tomorrow morning tho, couldnt find my tail bags. GRRRR

off to get ready and sleep.

18. lucas and brad

lucas and brad Well-known Member

Big dissapointment!!! I was going to come and compete at this show as the organiser had split all the welsh classes, but now all the welsh sections are chucked in together#( I was really looking forward to this show aswell, o well, i'll go and spend me entry fee money else where;)

19. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Can i ask why it really matters?
    I have a 12.2hh Pt Arab stallion & we always compete against the beautiful tall Anglos, Arab Warmbloods etc - sure i would love (it will NEVER happen & rightly so, lol) for there to be classes split by Height, lol.. but hey it's a COMPETITION & to win against these bigger, magnificent horses (& we have!) is just wonderful, a real achievement.
    Or if we have no White Horse classes, i have to compete in AORB or AORC against anything & everything - thats competition. ;)

What if your horse is the best one on the day, what if you take off the Supreme? Wouldn't the satisfaction of winning or placing in a class with a decent amount of entries, be more rewarding?
    What if they weren't split & you were the only horse - do you feel the Supreme ribbon was an achievement? :confused:
    Plus.... classes won't become seperated into their own sections till the numbers warrant it, by not entering/competing is only going to keep the classes like this IMO. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2009
  20. JSP

JSP Well-known Member

ummmmm i thought all the welsh sections were separate, then each supreme competes for grand champion welsh...? even the geldings are broken down into their sections. perhaps i am missing something and need to be brought up to speed before the morning:confused: